Distance Learning with Cereal City Science.
Ensuring that teachers and students have easy access to the Cereal City Science curriculum, regardless of learning environment or location, is a priority for our team. In consideration of the many unanswered questions about the coming school year, we have decided to move forward with the development of a comprehensive online companion to our K-8 NGSS curriculum.
Keeping sight of providing opportunities for students to engage in the Science and Engineering practices and 3-dimensional learning, we are developing tools and lessons for students to continue to think and act like scientists and engineers while “working together” to “figure things out” (an important aspect of the Next Generation Science Standards) either in the classroom, online, or in a blended learning environment.
Supporting continuity of the curriculum throughout the school year, Cereal City Science Online will provide an online component for each lesson in a unit, allowing teachers to move seamlessly from in-classroom to online and in-between.
- Digital Teacher Guide, handouts, assessments, and select student journal pages
- Demonstrations of key investigations for data collection and analysis
- Resources for facilitation of science talk and meaning-making
- Read alouds and read-alongs for informational text and science stories
- Flexibility for use with any LMS
- Professional learning and support for implementation and integration of our online platform with current teaching practices
As we navigate education online, and in the classroom, the Cereal City Science curriculum development team is dedicated to making distance learning engaging and effective for teachers and their students.
Thank you for choosing Cereal City Science.